40% of the US carbon footprint is attributed to buildings. Interested in changing that story and making a positive impact on global carbon emissions? Join our dynamic and dependable team to fight climate change in our built environment.
Andluca is seeking a part-time Accounting Manager & Business Administrator to spearhead the accounting function and manage our financial support operations. The position will hold responsibility for Andluca’s accounting capacities while also handling essential administrative tasks to ensure smooth excellence in resource management and operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting and business operations with experience in a small business environment.
• Oversee day-to-day accounting operations, including but not limited to accounts payable and receivable, the company’s overall cash position, payroll, and financial reporting via the company's usage of Rippling and QuickBooks Online, or any additional bookkeeping software utilized in the future.
• Actively monitor the general ledger for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), tax regulations, company reporting requirements, and industry best practices.
• Prepare and analyze financial statements, budgets, and cash forecasts to provide insights for strategic decision-making and capital needs.
• Provide comprehensive, as-needed financial updates to leadership by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate financial data points.
• Maintain internal safeguards for revenue receipts, budgets, and actual expenditures.
• Work closely with other departments to develop and monitor budgets and forecasts.
• Develop and streamline administrative processes to enhance efficiency and productivity across the organization.
• Develop and implement internal controls to safeguard company assets.
• Support the CEO, executive team and senior advisors with additional finance-related tasks.
• Manage relationships with external service providers.
(1) Strong understanding of accounting principles and tax regulations;
(2) Commitment to drive for results with minimal supervision;
(3) Curious life-learners with strong desire to grow;
(4) Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
(5) Experience with financial modeling and analysis;
(6) Effective written, and verbal communication skills;
(7) Highly detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and precision;
(8) Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Operations, or a related field;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting, business administration, or finance;
• Experience with QuickBooks Online very desirable;
• Experience with Rippling desirable;
• Experience in a startup environment is a plus;
• Experience with grant contracting and accounting requirements is a plus;
• Experience working with VCs or other institutional investors is a plus;
• Employer and/or character references.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid setting depending on the details of their engagement.
Compensation: Competitive hourly or salaried position commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Benefits: No benefits offered for part-time employees, full healthcare, dental, and vision for full-time employees in addition to a 401K plan.
Andluca is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We encourage applicants to apply even if they are not sure if their experience satisfies all aspects of this job description.
Andluca is developing wireless smart glass technologies for improving energy efficiency, occupant comfort, and security in homes and buildings. The company's transparent solar glass and embedded systems enable a wide range of intelligent window and facade products. Andluca is a Princeton University spin-out, based by the National Science Foundation, with a manufacturing R&D team in Rochester, NY, and a product team in Oakland, CA. Beyond infrastructure, our technologies will unlock new functionalities in the automobile, aviation, military, eyewear, and medical sectors.
The core of our mission is to steward the resources under our care – our team, our stakeholders, and the environment our products impact. We strive to embody humility across all positions at the company recognizing that all team member’s contributions are vital to our success. Respect is the cornerstone of our interactions, and we encourage open dialogue – including constructive disagreement. We are in search of hardworking and dependable employees who possess a unique ability to foresee potential pitfalls by looking around corners. In the fast-changing landscape of a growing startup, adaptability and flexibility are essential attributes we value in our team members.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
If you are interested in joining forces, feel free to reach out to us.Contact us